Siuolaikiniu Didaktiku Centras (SDC)
SDC is an accredited adult education centre since 2008*.
As a teachers in-service training institution, the quality of SDC activities is constantly monitored by National Education Agency according to the national accreditation rules. The purpose of accreditation – to ensure the quality of institution’s activities and to determine the level of quality of the activities.
SDC has to renew the Accreditation each 5 year by submitting to the experts the comprehensive information and proofs on the achievements in adult education field. In order to ensure it, SDC follows the internal policy of quality assurance – annual evaluation and reflection of its activities in the listed areas:
- Seminars, courses, lectures and other events;
- Dissemination of good practice and bank of educational experience;
- Projects and partnership networks;
- Leadership, personnel management and image building;
- Planning and administration;
- Management of in-service training programs for teachers and education support specialists.
The external SDC’s mentoring, consultancy and support is provided by the advisory board, which consist of 5 independent members representing different educational sectors.
* Last Accreditation certificate – No. IVP-12 dated 14-12-2020 (issued according to the Order of the Minister of Lithuanian Ministry of Education, Science and Sports; Order No. V-1686; dated 04-11-2020).
The study quality assurance system of Vilnius University was developed within the project “Development and Implementation of the Internal Study Quality Management System of Vilnius University” and is implemented in accordance with the study quality assurance provisions of the European Higher Education Area. Study quality assurance is based on fostering a quality culture arising from the values enshrined in the mission of Vilnius University, monitoring and analysis of study data and internal dialogue on continuous quality improvement, which is based on collected data and external study evaluation results.
The model of the study quality management system in Vilnius University reflects:
- the core system processes: strategy implementation, development, evaluation and approval of study programmes intended to carry out, evaluation and improvement of on-going study programmes, student admission (to Bachelor and Master studies), study process, residency study management , doctoral study management, student support and services; planning of research activities; implementation of research activities; evaluation/improvement of research activities; planning of university’s external services; delivery of university’s external services; evaluation/improvement of university’s external services;
- processes influencing the quality of studies: academic personnel management; material resource management; financial resource management; information resource management, project management. All complimentary processes influencing the quality of studies as well as the research and learning environment form the basis for today’s study quality that satisfies the internal and external needs.
At the University, the Study Programme Committees (hereinafter – SPC) are responsible for the quality assurance and continuous improvement of study programs, which follow the Regulations of the Study Programme Committee in their activities. The committee consists of the academic staff members, who are implementing the program, the representatives from students and social partners communities. The SPC reports to the Faculty Council and reports to it at least once a year on the study programme implementation matters.
Visit our website: https://www.vu.lt/en/studies/quality-of-studies