DIRECT INDICATORS FOR ASSESSING THE QUALITY OF UNIVERSITY EDUCATION and TEACHING
I.O.1 aims at setting up a system of direct indicators to assess the quality of innovative academic teaching compared to those of common indirect use (either input or output) with the aim of strengthening the ability to make comparisons among HEIs.
The identified indicators help to:
- build a shared language of the educational system and a multilevel approach in reference to the quality of teaching;
- increase transparency in recognizing the quality teaching in all PP Universities;
- identify concrete opportunities for the renewal of university disciplinary teaching and for the structuring of qualitatively appreciable didactic processes.
A1.1 DEFINITION OF A MULTIDIMENSIONAL THEORETICAL MODEL OF THE INTERCONNECTIONS BETWEEN UNIVERSITY EDUCATION AND QUALITY
In this macro-phase, the Research Plan is elaborated through the use of specific related tools, and a comparative analysis of the international literature is carried out in order to create a taxonomy focusing on teaching-learning dimensions in academic contexts.
A1.2 Identification direct indicators for university teaching quality
The system of indicators is developed starting from internal and multi-level audits (in all the PP Universities) aimed at identifying the criteria for building a conceptual reference framework – “Teaching Quality Indicators Framework” (TQIF)
A1.3 CONCEPTUAL DESIGN OF THE SYSTEM OF DIRECT QUALITY INDICATORS AT UNIVERSITY-TQIF LEVEL
The TQIF is made up of a set of data which is organized and structured into “dimensions” – each of which includes several teaching factors that ensure transparent ethical pedagogical qualifications and teaching practices, and descriptors of the qualitative characteristics of each dimension.
The TQIF will be:
- functional to the definition of the indicators;
- organized according to a cascade structure including the structured set of levels to which the key dimensions and descriptors refer;
- instrumental, in order to explore the specific realities of the PP universities, highlight evidence and implement a documentary process.
A1.4 Drawing up the TQIF and operationalization of indicators
The Framework will provide the methodological robustness to produce indicators. The data set developed shall reflect an integrated methodological approach that starts from the definition of concepts to their function and operational scope, from classification to selection.